Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer is here........well sort of

Well Spring has sprung and on to Summer.....or so they say. Lamont experienced one of our coldest winters yet and now he is getting to experienced the chilliest Spring in a long time. I've given up on the positive upbeat talk and have turned in to one of many Winnipegers groaning about the weather. Apparently this week summer weather will be here.......like i said so they say.


Other than the weather life has been truly great for us. We are keeping very busy and having a great time. About a month ago Lamont got a job working for The Duffresne company as a truck driver. He is really enjoying this job and loves being back behind the wheel!! I am still working at the daycare with my little boy. Many changes have happened and are happening regarding that situation but to make a long story short my job is becoming more permanent and i love the people i work with! This is a picture of the gang at our Early Childhood Educator Appreciation week.


I am also happy to say that I got Lamont to do another first, horseback riding!! Yes he got on a horse and did very well. We went up to Birdshill Park for the day and went for a nice trail ride. He was very nervous to say the least but he confronted his fear and did it. It was quite a sight to see but I am very proud of him. Next first.......camping!! (so stay tuned!!)


My Birthday just passed as i am not a quarter of a century but it was nice to be in my home country with my family for a change and yes Lamont treated me very well and gave me a Build a Bear!! I didn't even think i'd get anything as we purchased a Wii a while back claiming that was my gift so I was quite happy!

No vacations for us this summer as we are both pretty new at our jobs so are unable to get a good amount of time off. Next summer we plan to do a road trip through the states to NY and back through Canada so we'll see if that works. Lamont is going to NY for a few day getaway in a week. My parents gave us some airmiles so we are glad that he gets to go even if it's for a very short time!! Needless to say I am quite jelous but I will live.

No comments: